How to treat pneumonia. How to treat pneumonia
Walking pneumonia, or atypical pneumonia, is a less severe case of pneumonia, a lung infection. It is most common in people younger than 40 years of age and is often preceded by headache and body aches.
Respiratory pathogens that commonly cause walking pneumonia are bacteria (including Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Legionella pneumophila, G. pneumoniae), a number of viruses, and fungi, as well as inhaled food or drink.
METHOD1 USING MEDICAL TREATMENT
1)GET A PRESCRIPTION FOR ANTIBIOTICS.
• Consult your medical provider for the best choice of antibiotic for you. Early treatment of your pneumonia with an antibiotic can prevent you from developing life-threatening complications. Your doctor may suggest that you eat yogurt or take probiotic
supplements to ensure you have enough healthy gut bacteria while taking the antibiotics.
• Use a bronchodilator or inhaler. These are useful for those who experience difficulty breathing, a tight chest, or wheezing. These medications help to open up the alveoli of the lungs and facilitated oxygenation and riding off mucus containing bacteria.
2)TAKE OVER-THE-COUNTER MEDICATION TO REDUCE YOUR FEVER AND HEADACHE SYMPTOMS.
Over-the-counter (OTC) medication can help reduce symptoms like fever and headache, though it will not cure your infection. Take aspirin, ibuprofen (such as Advil or Motrin IB) and acetaminophen (Tylenol).
• OTC medication can interact negatively with prescription medication, such as blood pressure medications. Talk to your doctor before you take OTC medication for walking pneumonia if you are taking prescription medication.
METHOD2 DOING HOME CARE
1)HAVE AT LEAST 10 TO 12 GLASSES OF WATER OR WARM FLUIDS EACH DAY.
Drinking lots of fluids will help maintain secretion and expectorate from your lungs, which will help to clean out the infection. You can add honey and lemon to hot water to get a boost of vitamin C, especially if you have a sore throat.
• You can also have green tea, as it contain antioxidants, and fruit juices, which contain vitamins and minerals.
2)LET YOUR BODY REST.
Rest is essential to recovering from walking pneumonia, as your body will need to focus its energies on fighting off the infection. Try to put your feet up and stay in bed, even if this means missing an appointment or a class.
3)HAVE HIGHLY NUTRITIOUS, EASY TO DIGEST FOODS.
Focus on maintaining a diet of soups, such as chicken soup or chicken bouillon, and small, nutritious meals throughout the day. You do not want to tire out your body with big meals but you should try to provide your immune system with nutrients so it can fight off the virus.
• Prepare yogurt with fruit for lunch or as a snack. The active cultures in yogurt can help to improve your gut bacteria and your immune system.
pneumonia, how to treat pneumonia, how to treat pneumonia in dogs, how to treat pneumonia at home, how to treat pneumonia naturally, how to treat pneumonia in babies, how to treat pneumonia in elderly, how to treat pneumonia in calves, how to treat pneumonia in cats, how to treat pneumonia cough, how to treat pneumonia in cattle, how to treat pneumonia, how to treat pneumonia naturally
Tags: How to treat pneumonia, How to treat pneumonia, selfhealthcarenaturally, pneumonia, how to treat pneumonia, how to treat pneumonia in dogs, how to treat pneumonia at home, how to treat pneumonia naturally, how to treat pneumonia in babies, how to treat pneumonia in elderly, how to treat pneumonia in calves, how to treat pneumonia in cats, how to treat pneumonia cough, how to treat pneumonia in cattle